in another life

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 12:49 AM
this would be me::
Photobucket


i would be blonde and young and not have to give a rat's ass what people think of me.
to an extent, i'm many of those things (except i'm a dark brunette), but i'd love to be what i am and even more.
i'd have sick hair like this girl's, and i'd remember not to start with a stupid tattoo at age 18 that i'll hate in the years to come. i'm getting it fixed to fit in with the rest of them, but in another life, i wouldn't have to do that.

i would have known i was truly a writer at a much younger age. i'd be working on my first book at the age this girl is...not years later like i am now.
if only i were buddhist and i believed in reincarnation. but i'd probably come back as a butterfly or something else that only lives for like two weeks.

i'd go for the 10k/day goal and i'd hit my goal every day. heck, i'd have a novel finished in a few weeks. i would so love to do that right now, but i'm beyond swamped with moving and taking care of other things that i just can't do it. my self-imposed deadline i set when starting this book might not be made because of all the nonsense that's occurred over the past few months. as i said, in another life...
heck, now i have ashlee simpson in my head.

i know who i am and i'm proud of it, but i learned too late, as most people do. at age thirty, i wish i could be like this girl, whereas in ten/fifteen years, she will *most likely* be embarrassed by such pictures of herself. of course i don't know this to be true. maybe she's one of the lucky ones.
at least i'm not so old that i can't be more open and free. i've actually gotten better about it over the past five years or so, which i suppose is quite normal. even in the past few days, i've grown to realize that i don't care what people think. except my immediate family. my chosen family. the ones i live with. my love wouldn't exactly be happy with me being a streaked blonde with a lip ring (he dislikes the scar i have from my labret stud from 6-7 yrs ago), but i'm a bit more unconventional than i had once believed. and i adore it.

so yes, this would be me. heck, it could be me if i bleached my hair and then dyed it. but i don't think i'd fare well as a blonde. i don't have the coloring for it.
it's 1 am and i'm rambling. i cannot sleep for the life of me, so i'm blogging instead. now i'm going to quit and work on that 10k/day goal. i'm not aiming quite that high, but we'll see where i end up. i know i can do 1200/hr, so maybe i can write a chapter before i crash.

nite, all
xxx -e*

4 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Ahhh, the ol' "if only I knew then, what I know now" dilemma. I think once I had my son, I started going through that. And of course moving always seems to be stressful to any regular daily things you have going on. So did you get to that 1200/hr?

    Stopping by to give you a big welcome to the SITStahood. We are so glad that you could join us and look forward to seeing you around!

  2. Uninvoked Says:

    Feel lucky. You learned before you were too old to do anything about it. I learned to read when I was 3, and started writing when I was 4. I wrote paragraph long storys every day, 2 or 3 times a day till I was 8 or 9. Then I started roleplaying, up until the age of 21. This did not help my writing at all. I did not improve. I did not grow, except in the normal sense of learning through school.

    At 21, I decided to start writing short stories. My first one was laughed at by publishers and unusable. I got better. I now have multiple short stories published, and was making a decent amount of money from it before I was 22.

    In one year of dedication (writing the draft of at least two short stories every month, editing two previous shorts, submitting two) I went from zero to semi-pro. It only takes one year, and you certainly have more than one year of life left in you.

    Now I'm working on a noveling blog, and I hope to receive enough publicity for it to launch a writing career of my own personal style. I'm going to need help doing it, and I know its going to be hard to find that help, but with determination I can do it inside of a year.

    I encourage you to do the same thing. Write a note to yourself honestly assessing your writing strengths and weaknesses, write a sample story, and look at it again in a year. You'll be proud of the difference you see.

    Have faith. You are far better than you think. It's obvious in the very blog posts you write.

  3. eden tyler Says:

    Thanks so much for stopping by, you two!

    I didn't get to the 1200/hr as I realized I had to go to sleep whether I wanted to or not. Sadly, I've not been able to write much the past couple of days. I'm gonna have another go at it in a few minutes.

    I've always written, but it would have been interesting to see what I could have done if I'd realized earlier I wanted to Really write rather than just read and edit....
    I won a short story contest as a child, but as I was ineligible for the contest, my sister stole the story and she received the prize and newspaper article and such.. But it was still me who won =) She had no part other than the submission..

    It's amazing just looking at what I wrote a few months ago and seeing how far I've come already with the help of my writer friends and my own experience and confidence in my style.
    And I'm joining a writing group either next week or the following one, so I hope to get more writing done since I'll have to produce for that...

    Thanks for stopping by and I'm gonna check out y'all's blogs now!

  4. eden tyler Says:

    And thanks for the compliment on my posts...
    It's all just my brain dumping out all the extra crazy stuff that floats around yet doesn't fit in my stories. I'm glad they're not too boring and horribly written ;)