authonomy

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM
I'm spending a lot of time on there again. Hoping to rise in the ranks. Another writer on there, Melanie, explained her reasoning for wanting to reach the editor's desk (it had always seemed pointless to me) and now I might go for it.
My book is written in my head, but I only have 30k on paper. So I guess the plan now is to spend a bunch of time reading others' work and receiving feedback from them in hopes of earning a review from HarperCollins.
We'll see if it happens...
But if I can get confidence from that, then I'll jot down the rest of my book in a couple weeks time. Then I'll edit/revise.
Interesting how my plan keeps changing.....
As long as I reach my final goal of having it readyready for submission by the holidays, I'll be fine.

Yeah, this was a pointless post, but it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something...it's been so dang long.

Later!!
xx

0 comments